Ceylon Authentic Spices
Scientific Name: Cinnamomum Verum/ Cinnamomum Zeylanicus
A Spice obtained from the inner bark of Cinnamomum trees and is used in both sweet and savory food. Ceylon Cinnamon Also Known as 'True' Cinnamon is the Purest and Original Cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon is the “True” cinnamon and it offers numerous health benefits to those who consume it. But the most important difference between Ceylon & Cassia is that Cassia has high levels of coumarin, which is toxic to the liver. Ceylon Cinnamon is consumed for its medicinal properties; which includes its ability to reduce Cholesterol and Control Blood Sugar
- True Ceylon Cinnamon is native to Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka is the largest true cinnamon exporter in the world.
- Our cinnamon is crafted using traditional techniques and ancient wisdom.
- Contains over a handful of Health benefits and used in Healthcare & wellness industries worldwide.
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Alba - It is a prized grade of Ceylon Cinnamon that is far by the most expensive of all. It is slender and highly sought after its slim, pencil liked appearance, taste, and smell. It gives out a pleasant aroma and powerful flavor.
- Diameter : 6-7 mm
- C5 Special: (C00000 special) - This grade of Ceylon Cinnamon is famous for its character, taste, smell and excellent flavor. It is the 2nd best grade of cinnamon available. Most popular in the European market.
- Diameter : 10 -11 mm
- C5: (C00000) - This grade of Ceylon Cinnamon is smooth and slender in appearance, sweet in taste with a deep yellow color. It is the 3rd best grade of cinnamon available.
- Diameter : 12-13 mm
- C4: (C0000) - This is a popular grade that is in demand for its smoothness, exquisite fragrance, pale yellow color, and sweet taste.
- Diameter : 16 mm
- C4 & C5 Mix - This is a mix of two of the most popular cinnamon grades: C4 & C5
- Diameter : 13-15mm
- M5: (M00000) - This grade consists of selected sections of fine cinnamon with reddish-brown patches on the surface of the quills. It is relatively rougher in texture and thinner in appearance
- Diameter : 18 mm
- M4: (M0000) - This grade consists of selected sections of course cinnamon with reddish-brown patches on the surface of the quills. This is made up of chosen parts of high-quality cinnamon.
- Diameter : 21 mm
- H1 - Comprises the finest and the most expensive portions of the rough cinnamon bark. Most popular in the South American market.
- Diameter : 23 mm
- H2 Super - Comprises the sorted portions of the rough cinnamon bark. Thicker than H1 grade. Consists of golden yellow Cinnamon quills of high quality.
- Diameter : 25 mm
- H2 Normal - Consists largely (up to 90%) of golden yellow Cinnamon quills of high quality. Thicker than H2 Super grade. Mainly consists of the brittle quills of H2 grade.
- Diameter: 32 mm
- H2 FAQ - Comprises portions of the rough cinnamon bark. Thicker than H2 Normal grade. Mainly consists of the brittle quills of H2 grade.
- Diameter : 35 mm
- H3 - Comprises of the rough cinnamon bark. Thickest Cinnamon grade. Mainly consists of the brittle quills.
- Diameter : 38 mm
- Cinnamon Cut
- Quillings No. 1 - Consists of larger broken pieces and splits of varying sizes of all grades of cinnamon quills. This grade mainly consists of larger quillings that result from the bailing process.
- Quillings No. 2 - Comprises of smaller broken pieces and splits of varying sizes of all grades of cinnamon quills. This grade consists of smaller quillings that result from the bailing process.
- Quillings No. 3 - Consists of even smaller broken pieces and splits of varying sizes of all grades of cinnamon quills. This grade mainly consists of smaller quillings that result from the baling process.
- Off Cuts - Consists of whole Cinnamon sticks from various grades cut in to various sizes.
- Chips - Consists pieces of dried bark of stems, branches and trimmings of the Cinnamon tree. Dark brown in color. Popularly used for the distillation of oil.
- Cinnamon Tea Bag Cut - 1 - 2mm cut
- Cinnamon Pyramid Cut - 3 - 5mm cut
- Cinnamon Quillings Powder No. 1 - This is made from 100% Quillings and it consists of 1% of oil or more. The mesh size adds up to 100 creating finely powdered cinnamon.
- Cinnamon Powder
- Cinnamon Quillings Powder No. 2 - This is made from 70% Quillings and 30% of the chips. It consists of 0.6% of oils creating finely powdered cinnamon.
- Cinnamon Quillings Powder No. 3 - This is made from 80% of chips and 20% Quillings. It consists of 0.3% of oils creating a finely powdered cinnamon.
- Cinnamon Powder (Mix Grade) - Ceylon Cinnamon of mix of Q2 and Q3 grades, finely powdered to any required mesh size. This is the most highly sought out cinnamon powder due to its balance between quality and price.
Ceylon Red Chili
Scientific Name: Capsicum annuum
Chili is the dried ripe fruit of the genus Capsicum. Capsicum annuum is an annual sub –shrub, the flowers of which are borne singly and fruits usually pendent, which provide red peppers, cayenne, paprika and chilies and sweet pepper (bell pepper) a mild form with large inflated fruits. Fruit berries of plants from the genus Capsicum used to enhance the Savories of Food. The Capsaicin gives Chili Pepper its intensity. Dry chilly is extensively used as spice in curried dishes. It is also used as an ingredient in curry powder and in seasonings. Bird chilly is used in making hot sauces as pepper sauce and Tabasco sauce.
Varieties of Chili
- Flakes - Red Chili Flakes are semi-crushed form of whole chilies and are widely used throughout the world to be sprinkled over Pizzas. Crushed Red Chili is typically used as a spice to add heat or bite to dishes. This flavorful blend of crushed chili is a delectable versatile mix. Red Chili Flakes are very spicy in taste and hence, exclusively used to add that spice to the dishes.
- Whole - Red chili with wrinkled skin brings more color than heat to the dishes it flavors. Sri Lankan grown chili is hotter than paprika and milder than cayenne. These whole dried chili peppers have pods that are red to brownish red in color. They have pungent flavor with a biting hot, sharp and cumulative lingering effect.
- Powder Chili - Powder is used in Southwestern and Mexican-type cooking. It's a prominent ingredient of chili con carne, and is also used to season eggs, shellfish, cheese dishes, and stews. Manufacturers use chili powder in processed Mexican foods, sausages, and pork and beans. Chili Powder mixtures can vary from mild to extremely spicy. It is not necessarily hot, but may have a mild flavor if made with a chili pepper of a less pungent variety.
Scientific Name: Syzygium aromaticum
Cloves are the aromatic flower buds of a tree in the family Myrtaceae. Ceylon cloves are also used in cigars, perfumes, toothpastes, repellants and Ayurvedic medicine. The Ceylon cloves tend to have a larger head and milder flavor which is ideal for studding fruits and vegetables such as onions for chicken soup stock. Cloves are added as an ingredient to the spice blends for making mulled wine, syrups for poaching fruits and pickling spice blends. Clove oil is also used for the treatment of toothaches, bad breath and arthritis. Cloves also assist in reducing congestion whilst stimulating digestion.
- Handpicked premium quality cloves
- Ceylon Cloves are rich in essential oil (15 -18% eugenol)
- Reddish brown stem and lighter crown due to optimum moisture content
Varieties of Cloves
- Handpicked Cloves Cloves - HPS is the most Superior grade of Cloves. This grade contains Good Size Full Bud Cloves with beautiful color. This grade contains No Headless Cloves or Stems.
- Cloves Grade No.1 - Cloves No.1 is the second-best grade in cloves. This grade is mostly Full Bud Cloves with small percentage of Headless cloves.
- Cloves FAQ - Cloves FAQ is a mixture of Full Bud Cloves, Headless Cloves and some Stems.
- Tea Bag Cut - All the varieties of cloves can be provided in 1 -2mm cut size.
- Pyramid Cut - All the varieties of cloves can be provided in 3 -5 mm cut size.
- Cloves powder are a great addition to both sweet and savory dishes. They are often used in desserts like apple pie as well as pickling and mulling spice mixes, curries, rice, and in slow cooking broths and stews.
Scientific Name: Theobroma cacao
Cocoa bean, also cacao bean or simply cocoa or cacao. The dried and fully fermented fatty seed of Theobroma cacao, from which cocoa solids and cocoa butter are extracted. Cocoa is the raw ingredient of Chocolate and Chocolate Flavor.
- Made from fully ripe and optimally fermented cocoa beans
- Uniform in size and color
- Highly fragile kernel, readily crumbled
- Fine Flavor Cocoa: Only Criollo varieties have been used.
- Single Origin Cocoa
Varieties of Cocoa
- Cocoa Beans (Roasted/Unroasted) - Cacao beans are the dried and fermented seeds of the cacao plant. These hand- selected, raw organic cacao beans offer extraordinary richness and depth of flavor. Crack open a few for a concentrated burst of energy and good source of antioxidants, magnesium and fiber. Add them to smoothies, or crumble them over yogurt and desserts for a boost of guiltless chocolaty flavor.
- Cocoa Nibs - Cacao nibs are simply chocolate in its purest form, before anything else is added. They are dried and fermented bits of cacao beans. They have a deep chocolate flavor which can be described as slightly bitter and nutty. Raw cacao nibs are the less processed version of chocolate with no unhealthy additives, so they preserve all the nutrients of the natural cacao bean. Cacao nibs are an excellent source of antioxidants, fiber, iron and magnesium. Also available in below sizes:
- Tea Bag Cut - 1 -2mm
- Pyramid Cut - 3 -5mm
- Cocoa Powder - Cocoa Powder is the ground, Fermented seed of the Cocoa Plant. Plain Cacao powder is bitter and has a slightly acidic taste. Being the ingredient behind Chocolate, Cocoa powder is used to make dessert or delicacy. Our Cocoa powder is named ‘Fine Flavor Cacao Powder’ due to it being made from ‘Criollo’ Cacao beans which are the rarest Cocoa on Earth. Cocoa powder is one of the staples of baking and a key ingredient in everything from cakes and brownies to frostings and even beverages. The Most Premium Quality Organic Cocoa powder from Sri Lanka. This can be obtained in two types:
- Cocoa Powder (High Fat): 52 - 56% Fat
- Cocoa Powder (Low Fat) : 10 - 12 % Fat
Scientific Name: Zingiber Officinale
We are offering high quality Ginger that is widely used as seasoning or condiment and it gives a delicious taste and richness in flavor. The offered Ginger also helps in reducing cholesterol and lowers blood pressure and Ginger is extensively demanded in food as well as in pharmaceutical industry. Ginger is herb that grows mainly in Asia is used as a spice in cooking. It is also known for its therapeutic qualities. It is an underground stem (rhizome) that can be used fresh, powdered, dried, or in the form of oil.
- Optimal moisture content
- High aroma and rich in essential oils (zingiberene and zingiberol)
Varieties of Dry Ginger
- Powder - Dry ginger powder is the grounded form of dried ginger roots. It is essentially used as a seasoning agent. It is used for giving a mild taste to the dishes.
- Whole - Dry Ginger Whole, offered by us, is undoubtedly an essential ingredient to Asian and oriental cookery. We procure the fresh and natural Dried Ginger Whole commonly used in pickles, chutneys and curry pastes. The Dried Ginger Whole is appreciated for its various medical properties and used as a flavoring agent in preparing cuisines. Also available in sizes of:
- Tea Bag Cut - 1 -2mm
- Pyramid Cut - 3 -5mm
- Slices - Dehydrated Ginger Slices are special because it can be used as a spice in tea or cooking and also can be eaten by itself as a delicious snack. It's unique because it has both a sweet and spicy flavor simultaneously or what we like to call ZESTY. Ginger has nutritional benefits like being fat free and containing calcium, iron and is a good source of fiber
Scientific Name: Garcinia gummi-gutta
Garcinia is a small to medium-sized tree that grows in India and Southeast Asia. The fruit rind contains the chemical hydroxycitric acid (HCA) and is used to make medicine. People use garcinia for conditions such as obesity, athletic performance, joint pain, and many others. It gives a tart and smoky flavor and it can be added to foods and beverages or smoothies and green drinks.
- Garcinia Whole - The Garcinia whole fruit was traditionally used in Ayurvedic practice for various health treatments due to rich Vitamin C content.
- Garcinia Powder - Garcinia Powder is rich in nutrients & polyphenols and may aid in weight loss. Garcinia Cambogia could help to maintain healthy weight and healthy glucose levels. It may also help reduce appetite.
Scientific Name: Myristica frangrans
This spice is the dry, outer aril that firmly envelops the nutmeg kernel. It is less in calories but contains more vitamin C, A, carotenes, calcium and iron than nutmeg. The active principles in ace spice have several therapeutic applications in numerous conventional medicines as anti-depressant, aphrodisiac, carminative and anti-fungal functions. Mace comprises of an intense aroma, pungent taste and a spicy nature. Mace is mainly used in baking and has been playing the key role in flavoring doughnuts for centuries.
- Crimson in color due to optimum moisture content
- 100% Sri Lankan Origin
- Powder - With a flavor described as a cross between cinnamon and black pepper, mace powder blends well with other warm, aromatic spices.
- Whole - Mace comes from the aril of the nutmeg and you can purchase it in whole or ground form. Since mace comes from the nutmeg plant.
Scientific Name: Myristica frangrans
Sri Lankan nutmeg, which contains an acute flavor of hazelnut, is widely used to sweeten dishes.Ceylon nutmeg can be included to Sheppard’s pie, cheese dishes and root vegetable purees. This spice is used in Indian cuisine as an ingredient in savory and sweet dishes.Nutmeg is also used in traditional Indian and Chinese medicines. Research has proven that nutmeg reduces bad cholesterol, kills leukemia cells, increases libido and kills rotaviruses.
- Reddish brown - brown in color due to optimum moisture content
- High aroma and rich in essential oils
- Minimum unbroken percentage and without stalks
Varieties of Nutmeg
- With Shell - Nutmeg with shell has a rich sweet and warm flavor as well as produces a strong aroma.
- Without Shell - These are used in medicines for illnesses related to the nervous and digestive systems.
- Powder - Nutmeg Powder is made from grinding the Nutmeg Nut after taking it out from the shell.
Scientific Name: Piper nigrum
Black Pepper is a flowering vine in the family Piperaceae that is native to Southeast Asia, cultivated for its fruit, which is generally dried and utilized as a spice for seasoning. Whole black pepper which is cultivated in tropical areas such as Sri Lanka has also been used as a customary medicine and is believed to be a treatment for hernia, gangrene and diarrhea to name a few. As one of the highly traded spice worldwide, Ceylon black pepper comprises a unique pungent flavor and aroma that enhances savory dishes.
White Pepper is the ripe fruit seeds of the vine. White pepper is made from berries that have been allowed to fully ripen, while black pepper is made from green berries. Once the berries are harvested, they are soaked for about 10 days before the outer hull is rubbed off. The remaining berry is dried and ground into a powder.
Because of its color, white pepper is ideal for use in white sauces, pasta salads and seafood dishes.
- Handpicked premium quality pepper
- 3 - 9% Piperine
- Uniform in color and consistent in flavor
- Optimal moisture content
Varieties of Peppercorn
- Crushed - The Most Premium Organic Black Pepper Crushed from Sri Lanka is processed from Highest Quality Black Pepper that is strictly of Sri Lankan Origin only. Black Pepper is free flowing, without any chunks and is ground to fineness as per the particle size specified to us. We deliver Black Pepper according to your desired specification of Piperine Value. We make sure that the Color, Taste, Flavor, Aroma of our Black Pepper powder adheres to the natural character of the species.
- Whole - Our superior quality whole pepper is ideal for pepper mills and grinders to deliver fresh-cracked pepper flavor and aroma. Use in your front-of-house to top salads, steaks, and soups. Add freshly ground, coarse black pepper to marinades, hearty meats, salads with thick or rich dressings like Caesar to deliver a biting, piney flavor. White pepper is known for its sharp bite and is used to add extra flavor to Chinese soups, marinades for meat and poultry, and spicier stir-frys. It's also used in white sauces and dishes such as potatoes where the color of black pepper would detract from the appearance of the dish.
- Powder - Black Pepper Powder is made with the finest quality peppercorns and is completely free from additives. Sprinkle it over salads, soups and sandwiches to give it a magical touch of taste. Its medicinal properties boost appetite and aid in relieving respiratory problems as well.
White Pepper Powder has a warm, pungent flavor with less aroma, but a hotter taste, than black pepper.
Scientific Name: Tamarindus indica
Tamarind is from a curved brown bean-pod from the tamarind tree. The pod contains a sticky pulp enclosing one to ten shiny black seeds. It is the pulp that is used as a flavoring for its sweet, sour, fruity aroma and taste. It is available as a pressed fibrous slab, or as a jam like bottled concentrate, and some Indian shops carry the dried pods. Tamarind is a very large tree with long drooping branches and dense foliage. The tree bears curved fruits pods. Each pod had a hard outer shell encasing deep brown soft pulp enveloping around 2-10 hard dark brown seeds. Its pulp and seeds are held together by an extensive fiber network
Varieties of Tamarind
- Tamarind With Seeds / Tamarind Paste (Without Seeds) - The ripened fruit is sweet and used in desserts, as a jam, blended into juices, or sweetened drinks, sorbets, ice creams and other snacks. Also used for many medicinal applications.
- Tamarind Powder - Especially known for its Strong Aroma and Color. Powder is used as a spice, a Dyeing ingredient and an Herb in traditional medicine. It is also considered as a magical herb due to the Curcuma constituent.
Scientific Name: Curcuma longa
Turmeric is a spice that comes from the turmeric plant. It is commonly used in Asian food. You probably know turmeric as the main spice in curry. It has a warm, bitter taste and is frequently used to flavor or color curry powders, mustards, butters, and cheeses. But the root of turmeric is also used widely to make medicine. It contains a yellow-colored chemical called curcumin, which is often used to color foods and cosmetics. Turmeric is commonly used for conditions involving pain and inflammation, such as osteoarthritis. It is also used for hay fever, depression, high cholesterol, a type of liver disease, and itching.
- Optimal moisture content
- Bright and vibrant golden in color
- Strong, earth, and woody flavor
- Minimum of 5% curcumin content
Varieties of Turmeric
- Turmeric Powder - Turmeric powder is a common spice and a major ingredient in curry powder. Its primary active ingredients, curcuminoids, are yellow and used to color foods and cosmetics.
- Turmeric Whole - Available in below sizes:
- Tea Bag Cut - 1 -2mm
- Pyramid Cut - 3 -5mm
Scientific Name: Vanilla fragrans
Vanilla beans (Vanilla planifolia) are long thin pods from a variety of orchid that's grown in a commercial scale in Madagascar, India, Indonesia, Puerto Rico, the West Indies, and Sri Lanka. When opened, the pods are waxy and dark, filled with little brown specks and emit a sweet fragrance.
- Optimal moisture content
- 1.5 - 3% vanillin content
- Rich in aroma and taste
- Strong vanilla flavor
- Flexible, soft and shiny bean surface
- "Madagascar Bourbon"
- Grown in home gardens to give extensive care
Varieties of Vanilla
- Powder - Vanilla is one of the most important flavorants. It is a flavoring agent with aroma of vanilla bean and a strong fragrance. It is an indispensable raw material in the food additive industry.
- Beans - Vanilla Beans are the long, greenish-yellow seed pods of the tropical orchid plant, Vanilla planifolia. Before the plant flowers, the pods are picked, unripe, and cured until they're dark brown. There is only one vanilla variety in Sri Lanka. Its Vanilla planifolia and there are two types of vanilla such as:
- Grade A-
- Length: 6 inches
- Moisture: 30% - 35%
- Grade B-
- Length: 5-6 inches
- Moisture: 15% - 25%
- Extract - To obtain Pure Vanilla Extract, cured Vanilla Beans are steeped in alcohol. According to law, Pure Vanilla Extract must be 35 percent alcohol by volume.