Everything You Need to Know About Cinnamon
Scientific Name: Cinnamomum Verum/ Cinnamomum Zeylanicus
- True Ceylon Cinnamon is native to Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka is the largest true cinnamon exporter in the world.
- Our cinnamon is crafted using traditional techniques and ancient wisdom.
- It contains over a handful of Health benefits and used in Healthcare & wellness industries worldwide.
Difference Between True Cinnamon and Cassia Cinnamon
Varieties / Types of Cinnamon
- Alba - It is a prized grade of Ceylon Cinnamon that is far by the most expensive of all. It is slender and highly sought after its slim, pencil liked appearance, taste, and smell. It gives out a pleasant aroma and powerful flavor.
- Continental (C ) - There are 4 types of Continental grade of cinnamon. C5 Special (C00000 special) grade of Ceylon Cinnamon is famous for its character, taste, smell and excellent flavor. It is the 2nd best grade of cinnamon available. Most popular in the European market. C5 (C00000) grade of Ceylon Cinnamon is smooth and slender in appearance, sweet in taste with a deep yellow color. It is the 3rd best grade of cinnamon available. C4 (C0000) is a popular grade that is in demand for its smoothness, exquisite fragrance, pale yellow color, and sweet taste. Also, there is a mix of the most popular cinnamon grades C4 and C5.
- Mexican (M) - There are 2 types of Mexican grade of cinnamon. M5 (M00000) grade consists of selected sections of fine cinnamon with reddish-brown patches on the surface of the quills. It is relatively rougher in texture and thinner in appearance. M4 (M0000) grade consists of selected sections of course cinnamon with reddish-brown patches on the surface of the quills. This is made up of chosen parts of high-quality cinnamon.
- Hamburg (H) - There are 5 types of Hamburg grade of cinnamon. H1 Comprises the finest and the most expensive portions of the rough cinnamon bark. Most popular in the South American market. H2 Super comprises the sorted portions of the rough cinnamon bark. Thicker than H1 grade. It contains golden yellow Cinnamon quills of high quality. H2 Normal consists largely (up to 90%) of golden yellow Cinnamon quills of high quality. Thicker than H2 Super grade. It mainly consists of the brittle quills of H2 grade. H2 FAQ comprises portions of the rough cinnamon bark. It’s thicker than H2 Normal grade and mainly consists of the brittle quills of H2 grade. H3 comprises of the rough cinnamon bark. This is the thickest Cinnamon grade mainly consists of the brittle quills.
- Quillings No. 1 - This grade contains larger broken pieces and splits of varying sizes of all grades of cinnamon quills. This grade mainly consists of larger quillings that result from the bailing process.
- Quillings No. 2 - This comprises of smaller broken pieces and splits of varying sizes of all grades of cinnamon quills. This grade consists of smaller quillings that result from the bailing process.
- Quillings No. 3 - Quillings No. 3 consists of even smaller broken pieces and splits of varying sizes of all grades of cinnamon quills. This grade mainly consists of smaller quillings that result from the baling process.
Also, there are Off Cuts that contain whole Cinnamon sticks from various grades cut into various sizes, Chips which consist of pieces of dried bark of stems, branches, and trimmings of the Cinnamon tree (Dark brown in color. Popularly used for the distillation of oil), as well as Cinnamon tea bag cut and pyramid cut.
- Cinnamon Quillings Powder No. 1 - This is made from 100% Quillings and it consists of 1% of oil or more. The mesh size adds up to 100 creating finely powdered cinnamon.
- Cinnamon Quillings Powder No. 2 - This is made from 70% Quillings and 30% of the chips. It consists of 0.6% of oils creating finely powdered cinnamon.
- Cinnamon Quillings Powder No. 3 - This is made from 80% of chips and 20% Quillings. It consists of 0.3% of oils creating a finely powdered cinnamon.
- Cinnamon Powder (Mix Grade) - Ceylon Cinnamon of mix of Q2 and Q3 grades, finely powdered to any required mesh size. This is the most highly sought out cinnamon powder due to its balance between quality and price.
Benefits of Ceylon Cinnamon
Ceylon Cinnamon is grown in the Central and Southern Provinces of Sri Lanka by traditional Cinnamon growers. Historically used in Ayurvedic remedies, it has been proven to provide impressive health benefits. Cinnamon is a powerful spice that has been used medicinally around the world for thousands of years.
- High Source of Antioxidants
- Contains Anti-inflammatory Properties
- Protects Heart Health
- Helps Fight Diabetes
- Helps Defend Against Cognitive Decline & Protects Brain Function
- May Help Lower Cancer Risk
- Fights Infections & Viruses
- Protects Dental Health & Freshens Breath Naturally
- Can Help Prevent or Cure Candida
- Improves Skin Health